Ellen Loudon

Just another WordPress.com weblog

Identity revelation – at last I know who I am!

with 3 comments

I did this quiz today (as if I have nothing better to do) which featured on the site of Harry Steele.
Though I have subsequently discovered that it was featured on Paul Roberts blog in 2005. Hey ho. Better late than never…I have at last discovered who I am!

Anyway, it seems I am a bit postmodern! (all 86% of me is – though what the other 14% of me is doing I don’t know – that in itself is a very important postmodern question). Going to have to do a bit more work on finding out about my Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan side (quite significant side of me actually). Bit of a relief not to be a fundamentalist at all.

They say:
You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don’t think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern 86%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 71%
Neo orthodox 68%
Classical Liberal 64%
Roman Catholic 61%
Modern Liberal 43%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 39%
Reformed Evangelical 29%
Fundamentalist 0

Advertisements

Written by ellenloudon

November 15, 2006 at 8:34 pm

Posted in religion

3 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. You may be 86% post-modern, but you can’t get away from the fact that you are Catholic as well!My 6 month old son just came in to my study and I asked him what he thought of your emergent-catholicicsm…he dribbled, I think that means that that is the way ahead!

    HandZ

    November 16, 2006 at 12:08 am

  2. The frame of the questions seems in many ways badly suited for putting some of the nuances and modes of expression I would prefer; a friend of mine is currently working on a paper about the ethical implications of the power in ontological commitment that such web forms lead to (although his primary example is dating sites!)p.s. It turms out that I am 3 % more neo-orthodox than I am emergent – for some reason it thinks I’m influenced by Barth

    Bruce

    November 16, 2006 at 9:46 am

  3. Who’s Barth or is it the southern form of Bath? Also who is Bishop Spong… You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don’t think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.Emergent/Postmodern 86%Classical Liberal 64%Modern Liberal 64%Neo orthodox 61%Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 43%Roman Catholic 25%Charismatic/Pentecostal 18%Fundamentalist 0%Quite fun in a strange way and heartning that I’m not a fundy… Not sure what Neo Orthodox means…

    Adam

    November 17, 2006 at 4:19 pm


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: